You may be asked to provide a police certificate as part of the process of confirming you are of good character. Below is an overview of what you need to know about police certificates, but please contact Immigration Advisers New Zealand for specific help or an assessment of your circumstances.
- The exact requirements for a police certificate can vary depending on the type of visa you are applying for.
- If Immigration New Zealand wants a police certificate from the police here, they will get it directly.
- The police certificate you submit must be six months old or less.
- The police in your country might send the certificate directly to Immigration New Zealand. You should, therefore, make sure you request it early – about three months before your visa application.
- The police in your country might also take your fingerprints.
For advice or assistance with police certificates or anything else to do with your visa application, please call us today on 09 3790219.