English Language Requirement
Knowledge of English is one of the requirements of many visas to New Zealand. Here is a summary of what you need to know:
- English speaking background – This applies if you received your invitation to apply for a residency visa before 12 October 2016. In this situation, you can demonstrate your knowledge of English by demonstrating your English-speaking background (instead of taking a language test).
- Learning English while in New Zealand – This only applies to your partner and children. They will need to know English but they can learn when they get here. You will need to pay Immigration New Zealand for lessons, however, before your application is approved.
- Skilled migrant category – You will need to meet the English language requirement for this type of visa. This involves showing you are a citizen of an English-speaking country, passing an approved test, or showing you have a qualification from a recognised institution in an English-speaking country.
- English language tests – Your visa might require you to take an English language test. The results you must achieve differ depending on the visa you are applying for. Contact us at NZ Immigration Advisers for detailed information on what you have to do.
- Turkish working holiday scheme – You must show you speak good English to apply for this visa. You can demonstrate this by showing you completed a course at an approved Turkish university where the course was conducted in English.
For more information on the English language requirement of the visa you’re applying for, please contact us today on 09 3790219.