Get Your Profile Assessed for New Zealand By Experts - Free Consultation

immigration lawyer nz

Partner of Student

Partner of Student visa

If your partner holds a Student Visa or is applying/has applied for a Student Visa, they can support you for a Visitor Visa. Depending on the course level, your partner may also be able to support you for a Work Visa or Student Visa for your dependent children.

With a work visa, you can work for any employer in New Zealand. Your partner can support you for a work visa if they are studying or they are applying for a student visa to study a level 9 or 10 qualification, or a level 7 or 8 qualification that is included in the Long Term Skill Shortage List.

With this visa, you can travel to New Zealand and stay for the same length of time as the student visa holder.

In order to be eligible for this category of visa, you must be living together in a genuine and stable relationship with your partner as defined by the immigration instructions. You must also meet the health, character and fund requirements and your partner must support your application. It can be a daunting task to determine what visa you are eligible for and what documentary evidence you can provide that can satisfy the immigration requirements. This is where our experienced licensed immigration advisers can help you in deciding the right approach, guide you and help you with the application process.

To find out more about how to apply as a partner of a student, assessment criteria and the pitfalls that you should be aware of, please call us today on 09 3790219 or email