Provide All Relevant Information - Residence Visa Enquiry
immigration lawyer nz

Partner of Student

Get In Touch with experts

Partner of Student visa

If your partner holds a Student Visa or is applying/has applied for a Student Visa, they may support you with a Visitor Visa or a Work Visa.

However, meeting the eligibility for a Work Visa as a partner of a student visa NZ may depend on the level of the course or its mention on the Green List of occupations. Your partner may also be able to support  dependent children.

You can work and live in New Zealand on a partnership-based work visa. Your partner can support you for a work visa if they are studying or are applying for a student visa to study a Level 9 or Level 10 qualification, OR a Level 7 or Level 8 qualification included in the Green List.

With this partner of student work visa nz, you can travel to New Zealand and stay for the same length as your partner student visa holder.

To be eligible for a partnership student visa nz, you must live together in a genuine and stable relationship with your partner as defined by the immigration instructions. You must also meet the health, character and funds requirements, and your partner must support your application.

It can be a daunting task to determine which visa you are eligible for and what documentary evidence you can provide that can satisfy the immigration requirements. This is where our experienced licensed immigration advisers can help you decide the right approach, guide you and help you with the application process.

To find out more about how to apply as a partner of a student, assessment criteria and the pitfalls that you should be aware of, please call us today on +64 9 379 0219 or email [email protected]


Successful Clients


Licensed Advisers


5 Star Facebook Reviews


Years of Experience


Green List

Profile Check Form

Click Here ×