April 17, 2023
There is a growing demand for healthcare workers in the country, which has led to the development of several one-year health diploma courses designed specifically for international students.
These courses offer a valuable opportunity for students to learn and gain practical experience in the healthcare sector, which is especially important during a time when healthcare workers are needed more than ever.
Some of the popular ones are:
Diploma in Health Science, Diploma in Applied Health Sciences, Diploma in Nursing, Diploma in Healthcare Management, Diploma in Occupational Therapy, Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science, Diploma in Health and well-being, Diploma in Community and Social Services
These diploma courses cover a range of subjects, including anatomy and physiology, health research, healthcare systems, and patient care. They provide students with the practical skills and knowledge required to pursue a career in the healthcare sector.
Let’s give you some more details about these courses.
- Diploma in Health Science: This course covers health sciences, biomedical sciences, and public health. Students gain an understanding of health promotion, disease prevention, health research, and health policy. This diploma is ideal for those interested in public health research, health promotion or medical lab technicians.
- Diploma in Applied Health Sciences: This course focuses on applying health sciences to clinical practice. Students learn about patient care and gain practical skills that are required in the healthcare profession. This diploma benefits those who want to work as healthcare assistants, clinic managers or medical assistants.
- Diploma in Nursing: This course prepares students for a career in nursing. Students learn about nursing theory, patient care, and communication skills. After completing this diploma, students can embark on a pathway to becoming registered nurses (RNs) in New Zealand.
- Diploma in Healthcare Management: In this course, students are taught how to manage healthcare organizations. They learn about healthcare policy, budgeting, quality management, and human resources management. This diploma is suitable for those who want to work in the administration side of the healthcare sector.
- Diploma in Occupational Therapy: This course prepares students for a career in occupational therapy. They learn to work with patients with physical, mental, or emotional challenges. Students also learn about assessment, therapy planning, and rehabilitation techniques. This diploma can lead to working as an occupational therapist or an occupational therapy assistant.
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science: In this course, students learn about laboratory testing, disease diagnosis, and research methods. They learn how to use laboratory equipment and analyze test results. This diploma leads to work as a medical laboratory technologist, medical laboratory assistant, or other roles within healthcare labs.
- Diploma in Health and Wellbeing: This course explores the concept of health and wellbeing and how to promote healthy behaviour. Students learn about exercise, nutrition, mental health, and health education. This diploma can lead to work as a health education specialist, health promoter, health psychologist or other similar roles.
- Diploma in Community and Social Services: This course focuses on community health promotion, social service administration, and welfare services management. Students learn how to work with diverse communities and how to manage social service organizations. Upon completing this diploma, individuals can work in community health centres, non-profit organizations, state welfare services or social enterprise organizations.
Some healthcare occupations are on New Zealand’s Green List, and more will be added soon. After finishing the Diploma programme, students can choose to study further for a Bachelor’s programme or higher in their respective fields. Thus, students can work towards a quick pathway to residence in New Zealand and secure their future.
New Zealand has world-renowned educational institutes. Whatever you want to study, you will find a place that suits you in New Zealand.
I hope this information was helpful to you. If you want our help with course options, institute selection and visa application, please fill out this form.
Get in touch with Immigration Advisors New Zealand Ltd, which provides up-to-date immigration information so you can consider opportunities and prepare yourself for the future. To know all the required procedures, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +64 09 3790219
Vandana Rai is a Senior Licensed Immigration Adviser and has built a reputation around her rare set of skills, which could be considered ideal for her legal profession.