Provide All Relevant Information - Visa Assessment Form
immigration lawyer nz

Parent Retirement

Get In Touch with experts

Parent Retirement Visa

If you have an adult child who is a New Zealand citizen or resident, you can apply to live in New Zealand permanently. You’ll need an annual income of NZ $60,000 plus NZ $1 million to invest for 4 years, and another NZ $500,000 to live on. Once you’ve completed the 4-year investment period, you’ll be eligible for permanent residence.

The objective of the Parent Retirement Category is to provide a residence class visa to those with family links to New Zealand who wish to make a significant contribution to New Zealand’s economy.

  • If INZ approves your residence application in principle, you’ll have 12 months to transfer your investment funds to New Zealand.
  • If you want to come to New Zealand to investigate investment opportunities, you’ll need to apply for a Work Visa. If your partner wants to come with you, they’ll need to apply for their own Work or Visitor Visa.

To find out more about how to apply under this Parent Retirement Visa category, assessment criteria and the pitfalls that you should be aware of, please call us today on +64 9 379 0219 or email contact@nzimmigration.info


Successful Clients


Licensed Advisers


5 Star Facebook Reviews


Years of Experience