Get Your Profile Assessed for New Zealand By Experts - Free Assessment

Check out our upcoming Webinar on TEACHING AS A CAREER IN NEW ZEALAND - 04.12.2020, FRIDAY at 8 P.M NZT

immigration lawyer nz

Dependent Child Student Visa

Get In Touch with experts

Dependent Child Student Visa

It is a category of visa applied for by students aged 19 years or under, who are dependent on their parents who hold a work visa or a student visa to pursue a PhD.

On the dependent child student visa, your child can study in New Zealand and may be treated as a domestic fee-paying student, which means you don’t have to pay tuition fees to send your child to a primary or secondary school.

It would be prudent to note that not all visa categories have a provision for seeking this category of visa. If your child does not qualify for the dependent child student visa, they may still be eligible for a ‘Fee Paying Student Visa’.

A dependent child on this visa can stay for the same length of time as their parent’s visa, however, if your child wants to study at tertiary level, they must apply for a student visa as an international fee-paying student instead. Some work visa holders are not eligible to support applications for this visa, and you can mail us to know more about it.

To find out more about how to apply under the Dependent Child Student Visa category, assessment criteria and the pitfalls that you should be aware of, please call us today on +649 3790219 or email

Get In Touch with experts

HowWe Work


Successful Clients


Licensed Advisers


5 Star Google Reviews


5 Star Facebook Reviews


Years of Experience