Resident Visa Category

Residence Visa for New Zealand

There are lots of ways you can come to New Zealand and live here permanently. These visas are known as resident visas.Residence Visa You should speak to a member of our team at Immigration Advisers New Zealand to find out more information about a specific visa, or to understand which is most suitable for you. Here, however, is an overview of each visa option:

Skilled Migrant Residence Visa

This applies if you have qualifications, skills, and experience in a particular industry or profession that New Zealand needs to grow its economy.

Partner of a New Zealander Resident Visa

you can apply for this visa if your partner is a citizen of New Zealand or is a resident here.

Long Term Skill Shortage List Work or Resident Visa

New Zealand has a number of skills shortages. If you have qualifications and experience in one of those occupations as well as a job offer, you may be able to get a Long Term Skill Shortage Work Visa. Once you have had this visa for two years you may be able to get a Long Term Skill Shortage List Residence Visa.

Parent Retirement Resident Visa

This applies if you have a child who is a New Zealand citizen or resident. There are financial requirements for this visa, however. Specifically, you will need NZ $1 million to invest for a period of four years in addition to NZ $500,000 to live on and an annual income of NZ $60,000.

Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Or Resident Visa

Some employers in New Zealand have attained accredited status with the immigration authorities here. You can apply for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa if you have a job offer from one of these employers. The job offer must be full-time. You can then apply for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa once you work for an accredited employer for two years.

Dependent Child Resident Visa

this applies if you are a resident or citizen. It enables your children to live permanently in New Zealand too.

Investor Visa

there are a couple of variations of this visa. The first requires you to make an investment of at least NZ $10 million in New Zealand for three years. The second requires an investment of NZ $2.5 million.

Entrepreneur Resident Visa

you may be able to apply for this visa if you are an experienced businessperson interested in being self-employed in your own business in New Zealand. It allows you to move to New Zealand and buy or establish a business. After either six months or two years, you can then apply for residence under the Entrepreneur Residence Category.

Global Impact Visa

this is a three-year visa aimed at members of the Edmund Hillary Fellowship (EHF). The organisations behind the EHF are Kiwi Connect and the Hillary Institute for International Leadership. At the end of the initial three year visa period, EHF fellows who have had membership for at least 30 months and continue to support the organisation can apply to stay in New Zealand permanently.

Talent (Arts, Culture, Sports) Work or Residence Visa

this is suitable if you have a talent in the arts, culture, or sport. You will need sponsored by a nationally recognised organisation to get this work visa. So long as you are still prominent in the field and have been in New Zealand on a talent work visa for at least two years, you might also be able to apply for the Talent (Arts, Culture, Sport) Resident Visa.

Contact us today to speak to an expert about getting a resident visa for New Zealand. Call 09 3790219.