Provide All Relevant Information - Visa Assessment Form
immigration lawyer nz

Religious Worker Visa

Get In Touch with experts

Religious Worker Visa

If you have at least two years of training/experience in religious work that you are being sponsored to undertake then this visa offers you a great pathway to residence.

To be granted an initial two years’ temporary Work Visa, you’ll need to have an offer of religious work from a religious organisation, as well as their sponsorship. If their offer of work and sponsorship continues, you can apply for a further two-year Work Visa, then, after three years in New Zealand, for a Resident Visa.

To be granted an initial two year’s work visa, you’ll need to have an offer of religious work from a religious organisation which is registered as a charity with the Charities Commission. The organisation must also meet certain criteria to be an acceptable sponsor.

You can’t include a partner or dependent children in your visa application, but they can apply for visas based on their relationship to you. You may support your dependent children’s student or visitor visa if a minimum income threshold is met by you and your partner or the religious organisation sponsoring you agrees to sponsor the dependent children.

To find out more about how to apply under Religious Worker Work Visa category, assessment criteria and the pitfalls that you should be aware of, please call us today on +64 9 379 0219 or email contact@nzimmigration.info


Successful Clients


Licensed Advisers


5 Star Facebook Reviews


Years of Experience