Get Your Profile Assessed for New Zealand By Experts - Free Consultation

immigration lawyer nz

Seasonal Work Visa

Supplementary seasonal employer work visa

People who are already in New Zealand on a Student or Visitor Visa can make a one-off application for a Work Visa to do seasonal work in the horticulture or viticulture industries. You can only apply if there are not enough New Zealanders available to do the work, and you can’t include a partner or dependent children in your visa application.

This visa allows employers in the horticulture and viticulture industries to supplement their workforce with onshore non-New Zealand citizen or residence class visa holder workers when peak labour demand exceeds the available and suitable New Zealand workforce and employers have made reasonable attempts to train and recruit New Zealand citizens and residence class visa holders.

You can only be granted one Supplementary Seasonal Employment (SSE) Work Visa – you can’t apply if you’ve had an SSE Work Visa before. You also can’t apply for this visa if you’ve been granted a Work Visa since your last visit to New Zealand.

To find out more about how to apply for your Supplementary Seasonal Employer Work Visa category, assessment criteria and the pitfalls that you should be aware of, please call us today on 09 3790219 or email