Get Your Profile Assessed for New Zealand By Experts - Free Assessment

Check out our upcoming Webinar on TEACHING AS A CAREER IN NEW ZEALAND - 04.12.2020, FRIDAY at 8 P.M NZT

immigration lawyer nz

Culturally Arranged Marriage

Get In Touch with experts

Culturally Arranged Marriage Visitor Visa

You can apply for this visa if you intend to travel to New Zealand for a culturally arranged marriage with a New Zealand citizen/resident or if you had a culturally arranged marriage overseas with a New Zealand citizen/resident.

On this visa, you can visit New Zealand to marry a New Zealand citizen or a resident in a culturally arranged marriage. You can also apply for this visa if you had a culturally arranged marriage overseas with a New Zealand citizen or a resident. Once you live with your partner you can apply for a partnership-based Work or Visitor visa.

To be eligible for this visa, you must be able to demonstrate that the marriage follows an identified and recognised cultural tradition where the arrangements for the marriage, including facilitation of the initial selection of the persons to be married, are made by persons who are not parties to the marriage.

If you are coming to get married in Zealand, your wedding must be within 3 months of arriving. You must also be able to demonstrate that there is a genuine intent to marry and that it is intended the marriage be maintained on a long term and exclusive basis. If you get married outside New Zealand, then you must apply for your visa within 3 months of your cultural wedding.

To find out more about how to apply under  Culturally Arranged Marriage Visitor Visa category, assessment criteria and the pitfalls that you should be aware of, please call us today on +64 9 379 0219 or email


Successful Clients


Licensed Advisers


5 Star Google Reviews


5 Star Facebook Reviews


Years of Experience