Get Your Profile Assessed for New Zealand By Experts - Free Assessment

immigration lawyer nz

Partner of Worker

Get In Touch with experts

Partner of Worker visa

It is a category of visa usually applied for by applicants who wish to accompany or visit their partner who holds a Work Visa or is applying/has applied for a Work Visa. This visa allows you to be with your partner while they are in New Zealand on a Work Visa. It is an open Work Visa and with this visa, you can work for any employer in New Zealand.

The Essential Skills Work Visa holders earning below the median wage can only support partners on visitor visas, whereas, those earning at or above the median wage can support work or visitor visas for partners, and visitor or student visas for dependent children.

Check Out Latest Minimum Wages In New Zealand

In order to be eligible for this category of visa, you must be living together in a genuine and stable relationship with your partner as defined by the immigration instructions. You must also meet the health, character and fund requirements and your partner must support your application. It can be a daunting task to determine what visa you are eligible for and what documentary evidence you can provide that can satisfy the immigration requirements. This is where our experienced licensed immigration advisers can help you in deciding the right approach, guide you and help you with the application process.

With a Visitor Visa or a Work Visa, you can travel to New Zealand and stay for the same length of time as the Work Visa holder.

To find out more about how to apply under Partner of a Worker Visa category, assessment criteria and the pitfalls that you should be aware of, please call us today on +64 9 379 0219 or email


Successful Clients


Licensed Advisers


5 Star Google Reviews


5 Star Facebook Reviews


Years of Experience