Our Professional Commitment
We at Immigration Advisers New Zealand are committed to conducting our business in a professional, ethical and responsible manner. We at all times in alignment with the Clause 6 of the Immigration Advisers Competency Standard 2016 make an endeavour to demonstrate the following:
- Understanding of and commitment to professional, ethical, socially responsible and culturally sensitive behaviour and practice; in particular, to all aspects of the licensed immigration advisers code of conduct.
- Understanding of the importance of and commitment to working within the limitations of our knowledge and skills, including making decisions and taking action consistent with our own level of expertise and skills, and recognising when professional development, specialist advice or referral is required.
- The ability to manage a business in accordance with local law, the Immigration Advisers Licensing Act 2007, and the licensed immigration advisers code of conduct including the management of client services, business accounts and finances, and where appropriate seek the assistance of other professionals.
- The ability to use interpreters and translators when English is a barrier to communication and understanding of the importance of professional and ethical standards.
- The ability to develop and maintain ethical and professional relationships with Immigration New Zealand and other relevant organisations.
- The ability to develop and maintain ethical and professional relationships with clients.
- The ability to develop and apply a clear and understandable written agreement that includes a full description of the services to be provided by the adviser; fees to be charged and payment schedule; how and when the client will be invoiced, and the refund policy.
- Understanding of the importance of quality assurance techniques to the provision of immigration advice such as checklists, peer review, case reviews, supervision, team briefings; and the ability to apply these.
- The ability to identify when it is appropriate to refer a client to another professional, including referral to the legal profession where there may be a case for an appeal to the High Court or judicial review proceedings, and where appropriate, advise clients when they may be eligible for legal aid under the Legal Services Act 2011 in relation to a refugee status or protection claim or appeal or immigration detention.
We at Immigration Advisers New Zealand have set out our Terms of Engagement,which find mention in the document called Client Agreement that we ask our clients to sign before commencing work.By signing the Terms of Engagement you agree to the Conditions contained therein.Please informed that you are entitled to read and have these Conditions explained to you before you sign the Terms of Engagement.